So far, I'm only really drinking kombucha and tea (and not even so much tea), and eating soup, so if you've got any other "get well" suggestions, send them my way!
Today, I'm dipping in to my latest excitement, a new cookbook gifted to me by kittee and dazee this past week, Olive Trees and Honey: A Treasury of Vegetarian Recipes from Jewish Communities Around the World. I'm way excited by this book, and already I've written down all the Ethiopian recipes found within the covers, as I can't wait to have a big Ethiopian yum-fest once I'm well.
But one cuisine I'm surprised has caught my eye so intensely are all of the recipes from Georgia. Admittedly, I knew very little about Georgian cuisine before cracking open this book, but something about the ingredients and techniques are really resonating with me. One soup in particular caught my eye so that even with the foggiest head, I managed to soak the required little red beans (and some big, cause I was running low on little) for a "Georgian Red Bean and Walnut Soup." Are you intrigued, too?
I will post about it later today, once it's been cooked, photographed, and eaten. If I can manage it . . .
3 comments:
you look like you're on a mission in this photo!
glad you are eating lots of soup and taking it easy. i have not made anything from my copy yet, i can't wait to see how your red beans come out.
xo
kittee
I am intrigued by this book. I have it on my tentative wishlist but I may have to bump it up.
I'm going to try and get the vote out tomorrow. I'm going to be working hard between now and election day and I don't want to forget.
that voting are is clearly marked. gotta love that. the voting signs where I voted were also very prominent and there was a trail of them that you could follow like breadcrumbs (not the kind that got eaten in Hansel and Gretel).
Luckily my body give me a few days warning that I might get a cold if I don't behave (slight sore throat only at night). IF (emphasize IF) I'm smart enough to listen, I go to bed earlier, drink Emergen-c and Kombucha once a day.
I added in Kombucha (which I sort of hate) because it helped me avoid a cold that Emergen-C alone wasn't kicking.
When I'm sick, I love spicy udon soup, or any soup.
I also like gingerale and saltines because that is sick food from when I was young.
I take a bath or a long hot shower to breathe in some steam (or you can put boiling water in a bowl and put your head over it and cover your head w/ a towel.
If my throat is sore, I drink throat coat tea from Traditional Medicinals and gargle w/ warm salt water.
I also keep away from the computer, TV and even books. I just lay in bed to get total rest. I guess books on tape would be a good option if you're totally bored.
Post a Comment